NYCNext corrals the best New York City voices, from rap to Broadway, across the spectrum, in a New York State of Mind… singing celebration of love.
I’ve literally got nothing to add.
I can’t sing, anyway, but these men and women sure can. And it’s a love song.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Final Districting Map Now Sends Roosevelt Island Back HomeAfter weeks of push and pull, the final district map released yesterday returned Roosevelt Island to its lifetime home in Manhattan. A first map yanked the community, along with chunks of the Upper East Side, into a Queens City Council district. But finally, common sense took the win. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily
- THE GOP’S 2022 PLATFORM IS A GRAB BAG OF NUTTINESSWhen not attacking the Muppets, the party’s leading figures have spent the year laying out plans to tax the poor and eliminate Social Security. By Jim Hightower | September 28, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Let me say one word to you: Nuts. Now, let me say one name to you: Ted Cruz.
- THE COLLAPSE OF LOCAL NEWSPAPERS HELPS HACKS SPREAD LIES“Critical race theory” panic owes its rise to thousands of fake websites filling the gaps left by real, independent newspapers. By Jim Hightower | October 5, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News One noisy piece of the GOP’s culture war bunkum is Critical Race Theory, or CRT — a previously little-known field of academic
- Right-Sizing RIOC Now: Cut Bloated Public Safety StaffingThe common sense cutting of Public Safety staffing has nothing to do with “defunding” the police. Public Safety Officers are not police. We already pay for that in city taxes. But they are an inexcusable drain on Roosevelt Islanders’ personal resources, picking pockets to the tune of $4 million every year. Exaggeration? Let’s take a
- Stymied on OMNY for the Tram, Will RIOC Dip Deep into the Past?Stymied on OMNY, the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC) may have a solution. Cowed by bullying MTA brass, RIOC’s deep thinkers are rumored to be dipping into transit history for alternatives. As the story goes, they found something they can use. “We only need four, and then, we mint a bunch of tokens,” one official