The CBN/RI Senior Center at 546 Main Street offers a robust calendar of events along with weekday lunches as social as they are nutritious.
Here’s what the Carter Burden Network has for Roosevelt Island seniors in June. We will update as new information arrives.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy that had ended in miscarriage. A third-grade teacher at an overcrowded Miami-Dade County public school, she spent harried days on her feet. Financial worries weighed heavy, even with health insurance and some paid time off
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored to its original free-spinning glory by July 17, under a proposal from the city Department of Transportation obtained by THE CITY. Yoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Mar 16 at 5:55
- Adams faces campaign finance violations(The Center Square) — New York City Mayor Eric Adams is facing tens of thousands of dollars in fines for alleged violations of state campaign finance laws involving his 2022 inaugural fund. The New York City’s Campaign Finance Board accuses Adams inaugural committee of accepting prohibited contributions, failing to respond to the board’s requests for information and
- Freedom Lover Ron DeSantisdavidstone1313 See author's posts
[…] At the CBN/RI Senior Center: Menus and Activities for December […]
[…] CBN/RI Senior Center: Activities and Lunch Menus for May 2022 […]